Greased Lightnin'


Is anyone unfamiliar with Grease?  Really.  Anyone?  I was all set to illustrate Beauty School Dropout when I happened across the idea of drawing out Greased Lightnin's garage.  Cars are not easy to draw for me and I'm looking for a safe challenge here.  Making up and cartooning a car is a beast. 

Ideally, there should be about 7 kids working on this contraption, but with two hours, two characters seemed about what I could handle.  I wish I'd had a better idea of who the guy standing behind the auto was, because his generic quality left him harder to finish.

From a technical point of view, I'm playing with color balance within the layers.  This leaves the image looking a bit color tinted, unfortunately, but it's a quick way to build the base layer of composition.  Time would improve.  And will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment