I Hope I Get It


The opening song from A Chorus Line cuts its cast in half from the get-go.  All the dancers work their asses off for a chance to make it into a show within a show and our entire evening as an audience is spent with performers desperate for a chance to do what they love to do--dance.

I've been trying to find ways of making the close up on a character's face more interesting.  In the show, some dancers rest on the side of the stage before jumping in to participate in a combination.  A cinematic approach is to throw lots of information in the foreground.  I cannot tell you how daunting it was to attempt painting a mirror in behind this nameless actress so quickly.  But I like the results.  Also, at the same time this was painted, I was fighting for an illustration job.  I chose the song on purpose, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment