Maybe


Annie was the first movie musical I was obsessed with, and the first soundtrack I owned.  Well, I guess we owned the Muppet Movie soundtrack, but Annie still holds a special place of distinction.  Maybe is the opening song sung at the orphanage.  I recently downloaded a grown adult male version and it pleases me to no end.  I've limited this experiment to broadway shows, and so I should mention something about the original production.  If you haven't seen 'Life After Tomorrow', you should.  It interviews so many of the grown up little girls who starred in the stage production.  I don't envy the hoops they had to jump through or the pain or rejection they faced just by growing up.

The setup here was made simple on purpose.  I wanted to spend time on her face and not feel so rushed.  This was a breather.

No comments:

Post a Comment