Movin' Out


The imagery is changing as my approach changes.  The next several images are gaining in value composition, and lacking in color quality.  I've decided to spend a little longer on painting in black and white before moving into color.  Aside from that, however, I really like this piece. 

I have a long and turbulent history with squirrels, and yet they still seemed a natural here.  This is the first musical I'm not actually familiar with.  I had been wanting to try something new, and when it came time to do this piece, Billy Joel came up casually in conversation.  Movin' Out is a collection of Joel's songs strung together with a minimal plot. I must admit that I'm not a huge fan of the jukebox musicals.  The idea of a rock ballet taking place underneath the band, who sings instead of the actors, strikes me as bizarre.  Perhaps casting squirrels gave it depth.  I've heard tell that the dancers were hot, tho.  Bright eyed and bushy tailed.  We'll give it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment