Those Were the Good Old Days


Damn Yankees.  Eventually I started choosing musicals that somehow related to my day, but this image came because I LOVE the imagery in the song and it popped up on my ipod.  "Yankees" is about a NY baseball fan who sells his soul to the devil in order to become a great slugger for his favorite team.  He leaves his wife, his life and his home and in the end has to find a way back from purgatory.  This song has the devil singing about how much he misses the great times he had at the plague and the spanish inquisition.  "I was bursting with pride the day Bonnie met Clyde."  Heee-larious.  Well, I like it, anyway.

 I got a little preoccupied with the devil's jacket and never did get that baseball stadium finished.  I guess the details were in the devil (HA!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment