Over the Moon


Can you believe it took me eighty eight images before I got to Rent?  Can you believe I decided to paint the cow?

A young group of hipsters can't afford to pay the rent on their NYC Village apartment, and want to complain about it.  The premise of the show is an updated retelling of the opera, La Boheme.  Maureen is a performance artist, and to draw attention to the loss of her public performance space, she sings a song about a cow in cyberland with a dream.  She doesn't want to hurt anyone, she just wants to jump over the moon.  A bulldog tries to stop her.

That is one hot moon.  And I decided the 'edge' of Rent might be represented with an earring.  I didn't forget the possibility of a nosering, but I didn't like it.  I don't know if the cow is blue in the show, but I think that adds extra edge too.

No comments:

Post a Comment