Where is the Life that Late I Led?


Kiss Me Kate was one of Cole Porter's biggest hits.  Based on Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew, it puts in parallel the show within a show and backstage exploits.

It's really hard to see any production of this show, or the bard's, without first thinking of Bruce Willis and Cybil Shepherd.  I don't even think I did it on purpose, but these figures are reminiscent of Moonlighting. 

This also might be one of the few times I actually painted the show alongside its production.  I had the dvd running in a small window while I was working.  Usually I'm watching something completely unrelated as I paint.  Don't get me wrong, they're still showtunes, but tonight, as I watched a birthday tribute to Sondheim, I was painting a quick, cute song from Sunset Blvd.  Not wildly different in tone, but... not exactly the same either.

No comments:

Post a Comment